As marijuana legalization sweeps through the nation and more people begin to experiment with cannabis both recreationally and medicinally, the dynamism and efficacy of the most used drug in the world has started to gain fans and followers from all walks of life. With 420-friendly places in Las Vegas becoming a reality faster than anticipated, do you know why people are lighting up?
From Remedy to Recreation: Why People Smoke Weed
Though the psychoactive effects of cannabis are the most well-known, cannabis consumers aren’t always or only trying to get high. In fact, a growing number of cannabis consumers find themselves turning to the place because of the massive variety of applications that cannabis offers. From therapeutic applications, to veterinarian possibilities, and recreational uses, cannabis runs a gamut of possibilities. And even though the legal recreational market in Las Vegas is just over a year old, people are using it for a diversity number of reasons.
#DidYouKnow cannabis is legal in Las Vegas?
While Las Vegas’ reputation as a hub for all things taboo and its position as an international tourist destination means that plenty of visitors know about our legal cannabis industry, just 28% of locals frequent Las Vegas’ dozens of dispensaries. Chances are if you’re here, you know that using cannabis in Las Vegas is legal, but do you know what products to pick while you’re here?
From recreation to self-care: why people consume cannabis in Sin City
- Fun – We’ll start with the obvious. Smoking cannabis is a recreational activity for a reason. With the right environment and strain, even the most mundane activities can seem utterly thrilling. Cannabis makes movies seem more interesting, art more beautiful, jokes funnier, and food tastier. In fact, cannabis is can even work as an aphrodisiac. In addition to a large array of edibles and marijuana products available at legal dispensaries, cannabis also carries fewer adverse health effects than other substances with psychoactive effects.
- Osteoarthritis – Nearly 54 million Americans suffer from some form of arthritis and many of them take opioids to manage the insistent pain. But, you don’t have to! Cannabis has been proven to help repair arthritic joints and reduce the inflammation that causes pain. So, before you start popping pain killers, try smoking a joint or eating a pot cookie. Or, if you aren’t into the psychoactive effect of marijuana, try a little CBD salve on the joints that are bothering you. It could just be the relieving ticket you needed to truly enjoy your Las Vegas experience.
- Managing epileptic seizures – If you’ve ever watched someone in the throes of an epileptic seizure, you know that it’s a terrifying thing to behold. But, luckily, we’ve got marijuana on our side. Cannabinoids (the chemicals in cannabis that act on your body’s cells, known as THC and CBD) are extremely effective at fighting epileptic seizures. In some cases, high concentrate-CBD or THC salves can stop seizures in their tracks. Places with medical and recreational marijuana attract marijuana refugees specifically for this; people with epilepsy often move to states like Nevada in order to get the medicine they need.
- Doggie CBD and veterinary uses – Dogs suffer from both osteoarthritis and epilepsy, just like humans do. And, not surprisingly, CBD works to treat dogs for the same afflictions. There are a number of companies that are specializing in CBD doggie treats and medications to reduce the suffering of our canine-American companions. If your pup aches, or suffers from epilepsy, in Las Vegas you can get some dank doggie drugs to help them.
- Working out – That age-old stereotype of the couch-potato stoner, who never leaves the basement and plays video games all day may be true for some, but it’s a typecast that paints a negative and not so accurate picture of cannabis users. Many people are discovering the benefits of using CBD and THC products before and after working out – to mitigate joint pain, or simply just to get “in the zone”. While you’re visiting Las Vegas, why not give it a try and supplement your work out with a little green haze?
- Relaxation and sleep – A lot of marijuana users use indica strains to manage insomnia and sleeplessness. Some use it to treat restless leg syndrome. But, a lot of us just use it to relax at the end of a long day and ease into the evening, or to sink into that sunny pool-side recliner worry-free.
Get Your Cannabis Education at Cannabition
With both cannabidiol and tetrahydrocannabinol both found to have hundreds of applications when it comes to mitigating pain and easing discomfort, cannabis is a plant that represents hope to thousands of patient-consumers across the country. How do you use cannabis? Tell us about your favorite way to experience cannabis and its effects the next time you stop by Cannabition.